Switzerland is a mountainous Central European country, home to numerous lakes, villages and the high peaks of the Alps. Its cities contain medieval quarters, with landmarks like capital Bern’s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerne’s wooden chapel bridge. The country is also known for its ski resorts and hiking trails. Banking and finance are key industries, and Swiss watches and chocolate are world renowned.
With all these assets, anyone will simply love to come to this country and be a part of it for studying and living. The eminent cities of Geneva and Zurich offer one of the highest quality lives in the world and students aspiring for studying in Switzerland should try to get admission in either of these cities. Information about study in Switzerland is readily available online as the country has several websites providing genuine details about the country and its education and economic system. These websites also provide information about study opportunities in Switzerland.
Why study in Switzerland?
The Swiss universities offer graduation degrees, masters and doctorate in various subjects. The teaching and administrative facilities in these institutions are at par with the international standards and offers high-class quality learning opportunities.
The public institutions generally fund the Swiss universities and the investment in research and education in this country is considered the highest among all the OECD countries. That is the reason why, the country has the highest number of patents registered in its name among all the European countries. Moreover, the country also boasts of the maximum number of Noble Prize laureates. This makes study in Switzerland one of the best options for the students aspiring to study abroad.
Swiss institutions are at the forefront of carrying out the set agenda to foster innovation, research and business astuteness. Consequently, Swiss institutions are largely publicly funded with investment in education and research among the highest in the OECD countries.
Universities in Switzerland
- University of Applied Sciences Bad Honnef
- Hochschule Bremen university of Applied Sciences
- Karlshochschule – International University
- Fachhochschule Aachen – Freshman Institute
- Macromedia University for Media and Communication
- Euro Asia Institute
- Kuhne Logistics University
- Valid national passport
- 4 passport size pictures, not older than 6 months
- 3x Visa application form completed, all forms signed in original by the applicant & authorization for third person if applicable
- 2 x copies acceptance / confirmation / registration letter from the school, university, etc. in Switzerland confirming that the school entrance fee has been paid (with relevant bank statement) – if applicable
- 2 x copies proof of financial status by the applicant or the sponsoring person (parents etc.)
- 2 x clear photocopies of the 1st and last page of the passport (bio data)
Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi, India
Address: Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi – 110003
Telephone: (+91) 11-4995-9500